Manage 3D View and Select Atoms¶
|QuantumATK: 3D functionalities Platforms: Links: BuilderTips2 In this tutorial you will learn basic functionalities of the Builder and the Viewer. You will learn how to manage the 3D view, and how to select atoms.|
The icons below show a list of mouse and keyboard hot keys we will use for the pictures of the tutorial.
The Builder and the Viewer provide beautiful and easy to use 3D view and selection functionalities. This tutorial explains how to use them.
You can do 3D rotations and 2D rotations of any configuration: Simply click and hold down the right mouse-button and move the cursor using mouse.
Press Ctrl+R on your keyboard to reset the 3D view.
There are two ways to zoom:
- Hold down the mouse middle botton/wheel.
- Hold down Shift and the right mouse botton.
Camera and View Planes¶
Both the Builder and the Viewer have functionality that allows you to view a configuration in specific 2D planes: xy, yx, xz, zx, yz, zy.
Note that the Move tool puts you in Move Tool Mode. If you want to use another tool you must close it first!
The QuantumATK selection and de-selection functionality follows the logic of many other GUIs:
- (hold) Ctrl + [click to object(s)] : to select object(s)
- (hold) Shift+ [click to object(s)] : to de-select object(s) (if they are in selected mode)
- (hold) Ctrl + A : to select all objects
- Esc : to de-select everything
- [click on the background] : to de-select everything
The selected objects/atoms in are indicated by a yellow halo.
- The Group Selection Tools allow you to choose a group of atoms using a square, circular or arbitrarily shaped lasso.
- You can of course use these tools combined with (hold) Ctrl to select several groups.
- You can also select all atoms of the same element by double-clicking one of those atoms while holding down the Shift key:
More advanced selection tools are also available. In the Builder these are located in the Selection Tools plugin, while in the Viewer they are located as individual Select... plugins: