TransitionPath(configurations, filename, object_id, preoptimization=None, assumed_prefactor=None, log_filename_prefix=None, number_of_processes_per_task=None, number_of_processes_per_displacement=1, optimize_transition_path_parameters=None)¶
Constructor for the TransitionPath object.
- configurations (List of
BulkConfiguration) – List of configurations for the transition path. The initial image to be used for the nudged elastic band configuration (first on list) should have an attached calculator. The following configurations will be intermediate states in the path. The last configuration will be final image to be used for the nudged elastic band configuration.
- filename (str) – The full or relative filename path the Study object
should be saved to. See
- object_id (str) – The name of the study that the Study object should be saved to
within the file. This needs to be a unique name in this file. See
- preoptimization (bool) – Whether to optimize the end-point configurations before
the start of the nudged elastic band optimization.
- assumed_prefactor (PhysicalQuantity of type frequency) – A fixed value for the prefactors (both forward and reverse). Default: The prefactors are calculated from the vibrational frequencies at the minima and saddle point.
- log_filename_prefix (str |
LogToStdOut) – Filename prefix for the logging output of the transition path calculations. If
LogToStdOut, all logging will instead be sent to standard output. Default:
- number_of_processes_per_task (int) – The number of processes that will be used to execute each task. If this value is greater than or equal to the total number of available processes, each single task will be executed collaboratively over all processes. Otherwise, a delegator-worker scheme is used; in this case, one process will be set aside as the delegator, and the remaining ones will be grouped into workers and execute tasks concurrently. Default: All available processes execute each task collaboratively.
- number_of_processes_per_displacement (int) – The number of processes assigned to calculating a single displacement. Default: 1 process per displacement.
- optimize_transition_path_parameters – The parameters to use for creating and optimizing the nudged elastic band geometries.
Returns: The fixed value for the prefactors, if specified. Return type: PhysicalQuantity of type frequency | None
Returns: The calculator used for optimizing the nudged elastic band configuration. Return type:
Returns: The filename where the study object is stored. Return type: str
Returns: The final image used for the nudged elastic band configuration. Return type:
Retrieve the HTSTEvent object with the calculated reaction rates.
Returns: The HTSTEvent object. If there was an error in the calculation, the error message is returned instead. If not available, returns None. Return type:
HTSTEvent| str | None
Returns: The initial image used for the nudged elastic band configuration. Return type:
Method for determining the convergence status of this transition path calculation. Successful convergence requires that (i) the NEB optimization has converged and (ii) the HTST event calculation was performed without errors.
Returns: The convergence status of this transition path. Return type: bool | None
Returns: The filename prefix for the logging output of the study. Return type: str |
Print a string containing an ASCII table useful for plotting the Study object.
Parameters: stream (python stream) – The stream the table should be written to. Default:
Returns: number of processes used per displement (in phonon calculations) Return type: int
Returns: The number of processes to be used to execute each task. If None, all available processes should execute each task collaboratively. Return type: int | None |
Returns: The number of processes to be used to execute each task. Default values are resolved based on the current execution settings. Return type: int
Returns: The name of the study object in the file. Return type: str
Returns: Parameters required to create and optimize the transition path. Return type:
Retrieve the optimized nudged elastic band configuration.
Returns: The optimized nudged elastic band configuration. If not available, returns None. Return type:
Returns: Whether the end-point configurations are optimized before the start of the nudged elastic band optimization. Return type: bool
Returns: how many tasks are finished out of how many Return type: tuple of int, int
Run the calculations for the study object.
- configurations (List of